If you’re looking for a few laughs this 4th of July, you’ll definitely want to check out these 18 dad jokes. They’re sure to get a chuckle from everyone in the family! So fire up the grill, crack open a cold one, and enjoy some good old-fashioned patriotic humor. Happy 4th of July!
- Why were the first Americans like ants? They lived in colonies.
- What ghost haunted King George III? The spirit of ’76!
- What did a patriot put on his dry skin? Revo-lotion!
- Was the Declaration of Independence written in Philadelphia? No, it was written in ink.
- Did you hear the one about the Liberty Bell? Yeah, it cracked me up!
- Who was the biggest jokester in George Washington’s army? Laughayette.
- What does the Statue of Liberty stand for? It can’t sit down.
- If you crossed a Patriot with a curly-haired dog, what would you get? A Yankee Poodle.
- What’s the difference between a duck and George Washington? One has a bill on his face, and the other has his face on a bill.
- Why did Paul Revere ride his horse from Boston to Lexington? Because the horse was too heavy to carry!
- What is the most popular sport on the Fourth of July? Flag football.
- What do you get when you cross a dinosaur with fireworks? Dino-mite!
- What did the colonists wear to the Boston Tea Party? Tea-shirts.
- What was George Washington’s favorite tree? The infantry.
- How come there aren’t any knock-knock jokes about America? Because freedom rings.
- What kind of tea did the American colonists want? Liber-tea.
- Why doesn’t fire get to enjoy a day off on the Fourth of July? Because fire works.
- What do you call an American revolutionary who draws cartoons? A Yankee Doodler.
It wouldn’t be the 4th of July without some good old-fashioned dad jokes. And we’ve got you covered! Whether you’re celebrating at home or watching fireworks in your backyard, make sure to enjoy these hilarious puns. Just be careful not to lose any fingers while celebrating this year! Have a safe and happy Independence Day!